IPFW won't go away!

Ivailo Tanusheff i.tanusheff at procreditbank.bg
Mon Sep 26 05:30:45 PDT 2005

Just add:

options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT

in your kernel configuration file. If you are using IPV6, also add:

options         IPV6FIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT

Ivailo Tanusheff
Senior System administrator
ProCredit Bank (Bulgaria) AD

tel. +359 2 921 7161
fax +359 2 921 7110
http://www.procreditbank.bg

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message is intended solely
for the use of individual or entity to whom it is addressed and other
authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete
it from your system. ProCredit Bank is neither liable for the proper and
complete transmission of the information contained in this message nor for
any delay in its receipt.

"Paul" <paul at pclark.me.uk>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
09/26/2005 03:02 PM

<freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
cc

Subject
IPFW won't go away!

Hi,

I run ipf and ipnat.  Recently I recompiled the kernel and since then ipfw
loads at boot and blocks all my traffic.

How do I disable it permanently or uninstall it?

I have checked and double checked that it is not in my /etc/rc.conf and
kernel config file.  So I don't know why it is loading:

sc0: <System console> at flags 0x100 on isa0

sc0: VGA <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x300>

vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0

sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

sio1: port may not be enabled

ugen0: ALCATEL Speed Touch USB, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2

Timecounter "TSC" frequency 851935333 Hz quality 800

Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec

ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled,
default
to deny, logging disabled

ad0: 9590MB <HITACHI DK23BA-10/00E2A0D2> [19485/16/63] at ata0-master
UDMA33

..

Also, the reason I recompiled was to enable apm for my laptop.  How can I
tell if this is working - I want to be able to turn the screen off and for
it to speedstep its cpu clock.

I'm a noob to *nix machines so try not to assume too much knowledge in

Thanks

Paul.