CUPS, Foomatic, and HPIJS?

Eric Pretorious epretorious at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 11:42:51 PDT 2005

>From: Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org>
>Subject: Re: CUPS, Foomatic, and HPIJS?
>Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:52:09 +0200

> > > ...but step #2 (i.e., `make`) barfed:
> > >
> > > gateway# make
> >
> > Use gmake instead of make for both steps.
>
>I quickly made a port for foomatic-db-hpijs, you can fetch it from here:
>http://people.freebsd.org/~lofi/foomatic-db-hpijs.tar.gz
>
>Untar it anywhere, cd to the port directory, build with make and make
>install
>as usual and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks, Mike. I didn't have a chance to try it out: I decided to switch back
to Gentoo because of the steep learning curve that comes along with
FreeBSD's ports & packages. (I'm already very familiar with Gentoo's package
mgt. methodology but was interested in FreeBSD's security and fast TCP/IP
stack.)

Thanks,  again.

Eric P.
Sunnyvale, CA