higher resolution console screen?

bob self bobself at charter.net
Thu Sep 22 04:45:12 PDT 2005

Björn König wrote:

> This message wants to tell you that if you already have VESA support
> in your kernel then you don't need to load the kernel module.

Thanks I removed the loader.conf line an that error message went away.

> Make sure that you also have "options SC_PIXEL_MODE" beside "options
> VESA" in your kernel configuration file.
>
> Change the console mode with
>
>   vidcontrol -g 100x37 VESA_800x600
>
> and add
>
>   allscreens_flags="-g 100x37 VESA_800x600"
>
> to rc.conf to let this setting be applied to all consoles after reboot.
>
> Björn

I have done all 3 of these things and I do get 100x37, but I was able to
get 128x48 when I was trying FreeBSD 6.0 beta 4 by running
"vidcontrol MODE_280". Is there a way to accomplish this in 5.4?

I still have the left-right shifting problem.

Bob