howto make a new libdl.so.2

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Sep 21 09:31:50 PDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 06:02:14PM +0200, Jean-Jacques Dhenin wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I do that before mailing to questions at freebsd.org,
> and pkg_which /usr/local/lib/libdl.so.2, or pkg_info -W say ? (ie nothing).

That means it's not claimed by any port, and you can try just removing
it (or safer: put it somewhere where rtld won't look for it) and
rebuild.

Perhaps you compiled something by hand that installed the libdl -
that's a standard library on other platforms (e.g. solaris, I think),
and so many configure scripts will look for it and assume it should be
linked if found.  This is wrong on FreeBSD.

Kris