Sendmail not listening correctly

Peter Matulis petermatulis at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 20 09:33:16 PDT 2005

--- Mike Loiterman <mike at ascendency.net> wrote:

<snip>

> 4.  Listed everything after starting sendmail

>  tcp4       0      0  *.25                   *.*                    CLOSED

Clearly the thing is deaf.

> 5.  Checked /var/log/maillog to find the same errors:

<snip>

> This is starting to get frustrating...

I know how you feel.  The beauty is that there is a very logical reason.

Do you have any port forwarding happening?

You still have not told me the history of your machine.  What have you recently done?  Is it a
clean install, etc.

What I would do at this point is to stop using these make commands and start sendmail manually.
 I have no idea what these make commmands are doing.

--
Peter