IE in FreeBSD?

Dimitar Vasilev dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 08:36:51 PDT 2005

The standarts we are speaking are per company basis - e.g. West
European governments are slightly shifting to Linux as a desktop,
while others strictly mention what formats of resumes they accept on
their recruitment sites.
In most cases of big companies I have seen,   they say that prefer
HTML or plain text or PDF, unless stated otherwise or if you're sent
to fill in a MS Word application form.
MS Office files are good media for sending viruses, so they try to avoid them.
As Microsoft standarts are closed, do not expect IE to run natively on
other platforms besides Windows and MacOSX. Opera is a good
alternative and can fool sites that you're running IE.

2005/9/20, jonas <jonas.de.buhr at gmx.net>:
> hi!
>
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:24:38 +0100
> RW <list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com> wrote:
> >
> > Because it's common for companies and recruitment agencies to specify
> > MS Word documents only. It's a de facto standard.
>
> this may be a bit offtopic :) ...
> but i think we agree that this situation is not good.
> is there any 'official' standard for office documents like there is for
> html, css, xml etc.?
> if not, are there any efforts to create one?
> if such a standard would be created by an international institution and
> for example governments start/plan using it MS would be forced to adapt
> it...
>
> jonas

Димитър Василев
Dimitar Vassilev