Sendmail genericstable help, please

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Sep 19 04:08:54 PDT 2005

On 2005-09-18 22:25, stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
> I;m trying to set up a 4.11 STABLE machine to act as the mailhost
> for a buch of virtual doamins. I'm planning on having "users" on
> the machien for each user/doaimn pair. I've got the incoming
> side of this working well with the Sendmail that came with 4.11
> (Not the ports version if it matters). I've done this with
> /etc/mail/virtusertable and appropruate configuration in the.mc file.
>
> Now, I;m trying to get the outbound side of it workig, and I'm
> not having much luck.
>
> I've crate /etc/mail/genericstable and it looks like this:
>
> stan    stan at i-v-o.net

I think you have to use a fully qualified hostname in the left hand
side too here, i.e.:

	stan at foo.example.net		stan at i-v-o.net

where foo.example.net is your local hostname.

> I'v also created /etc/mail/generics-domains it looks like this:
>
> i-v-o.net
>
> I've added the following to both ops2.ivo.net.mc and ops2.ivo.net.submit.mc
>
> MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`ops2.i-v-o.net')
> FEATURE(`genericstable', `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')
> GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/generics-domains')
> FEATURE(`allmasquerade')
> FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
> FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')

Remove the -o option from genericstable.  It means that the generics
table lookup is optional and Sendmail will continue posting the
messages (probably using the wrong address, as you've discovered) even
if there's something wrong with your generics table setup

> I've dome a make ; make install ; make restart sequence in /etc/mail, and
> I've set up muut to use a From of stan at i-v-o.net Yet still the message
> (sent from the machine to the machine) contains:

Setting up mutt is unnecessary.