Structuring Starting Order of Programs

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Sun Sep 18 15:21:05 PDT 2005

Gerard Seibert wrote:

> Using FreeBSD 5.4, or any other version I guess, is there any way to
> set the start order of programs in the '/usr/local/etc/rc.d' directory?

The scripts are run in lexical order, so use the "standard" number
prefix scheme 100. 200. (see for example /etc/periodic/daily).

At some point in the future, the /usr/local/etc/rc.d scripts will
support the same rcorder conifguration options as /etc/rc.d.  See man rc
and rcorder, and freebsd-rc archives for more info.

--Alex