booting off NetRAID card

Bob Ababurko ababurko at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 16 16:05:45 PDT 2005

Hello-

I am setting up a machine with a 3 channel NetRAID D4943 card and a
Biostar M7VIG 400.  I have the card set up one one channel with four WD
9.15GB 10k U2 LVD SCSI  drives in raid 5 and have been able to install
the OS.  The drive capacity is correctly shown as is the amr
drive/partitions when I booted the machine off the install floppies to
install the OS(FreeBSD5.4).  Install seems to go fine and have no
problems.  When I try to reboot/boot the box, it hits the floppy drive
and then just hangs(just as specified in the BIOS).  If I change the
BIOS to not include the scsi bus, then it says that there is not system
disk.  There are no messages or errors on the screen.

Does anyone have any advice for this?

Thanks,
Bob