Software RAID1

Jason King jking at informs.com
Thu Sep 15 09:59:38 PDT 2005

So can I assume that these instructions will work with any device? I
realized that I didn't double check this:

especially in the
line for the boot loader where ad(1,a) --> da(1,a).

I didn't double check that. I'll follow through the instructions again
and make the correct change this time and we'll see what happens. I
don't have a problem until I have to reboot. That is when the
instructions want you to dd the first disk then add the first disk to
the gm0 mirror. Both commands give me errors. THe dd command right after
reboot gives "command not allowed". And the gmirror add command give
"can't access provider". I'll try again and let the list know what happens.

Jason