cyrus-imap + virtualdomains

Vladimir Dvorak dvorakv at vdsoft.org
Wed Sep 14 02:11:11 PDT 2005

Erik Norgaard wrote:

> Vladimir Dvorak wrote:
>
>> Yes, you are right. Now I am using 2.2.12 and virtdomains seem to be
>> working. But I found another strange problem:
>>
>> devel:/var/run# cyradm -u cyrus at devel localhost
>> IMAP Password:
>> localhost.localdomain> cm user.test
>>
>> ^^^ it works; user test is included into defaultdomain.
>>
>> But when I try:
>> localhost.localdomain> cm user.test at test.com
>> createmailbox: Invalid mailbox name
>>
>> Cyrus is strange software, isn`t it ? :-)
>

> No, by loging in as cyrus at devel you get access to mailboxes under the
> devel domain, point is that different virtual domains can have
> different admins. You specify this in the imapd.conf.
>
> Try loging in just as cyrus:
>
>   # cyradm -u cyrus localhost
>
> Cheers, Erik

Erik, we both are about to solve the problem. ;-) Yes, you are probably
right. When I cyradm -u cyrus, I have in maillog:

Sep 14 09:08:37 devel imap[9491]: badlogin: localhost.localdomain
[127.0.0.1] plaintext cyrus at localdomain SASL(-13): user not found:
checkpass failed

When I add cyrus at localdomain, it will manage 'localdomain' users and I
will be on the same place (probably, for now not tried). :-( Erik, how
can I log as cyrus without domain ?

Thank you!

Vladimir