cyrus-imap + virtualdomains

Vladimir Dvorak dvorakv at vdsoft.org
Wed Sep 14 01:19:25 PDT 2005

Erik Norgaard wrote:

> Vladimir Dvorak wrote:
>
>>> Only cyrus-imap22 or later supports virtual domains, I assume you use
>>> this version. It should be supported by default.
>>>

>> I am using 2.1.18 version.
>>
>> There should be VirtualDomains supported too: (since 2.1.x)
>>     http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/changes.html
>

> No, I think you read it wrong: "Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since
> 2.1.x"  meaning that these changes are since the 2.1.x branch and are
> supported in 2.2.0 and higher.
>
> Same document, 2.2.0:
>
> * A large number of bugs involving virtual domain support have been
>   fixed
>
> (meaning that even if I'm wrong about it for 2.1.x, better upgrade
> beyond 2.2.0 to get past those bugs).
>
> I suggest you upgrade, anyway, since I don't use that version and
> things has changed significantly, I can't really give you the advice
> will work - only what works for 2.2.x.
>
> Cheers, Erik

Yes, you are right. Now I am using 2.2.12 and virtdomains seem to be
working. But I found another strange problem:

devel:/var/run# cyradm -u cyrus at devel localhost
IMAP Password:
localhost.localdomain> cm user.test

^^^ it works; user test is included into defaultdomain.

But when I try:
localhost.localdomain> cm user.test at test.com
createmailbox: Invalid mailbox name

Cyrus is strange software, isn`t it ? :-)

Vladimir