vmware 5

Stefan Farrenkopf sfarren at gwdg.de
Tue Sep 13 22:47:12 PDT 2005

Hello,

will there be a vmware port with version 4 or 5 some day or is there
another possibility to run these versions with with FreeBSD 5.4?

I have found some discussion about qemu, but I did not really understand if
this helps to use the more recent vmware versions or if it just replaces
vmware. Can anyone point me to a good starting point for reading about this
technology?
I tested CrossOver Office on my linux box and it's far away from being a
replacement for the vmware solution.

In my opinion the newer versions should be availalbe, because it's hard to
swith to FreeBSD, if you do not own an old vmware license.

best wishes,
Stefan