5.4-RELEASE and VMWare 3.2.1 build-2242

Stefan Farrenkopf sfarren at gwdg.de
Tue Sep 13 22:39:42 PDT 2005

Hi,

--On 12. September 2005 15:44:45 +0200 Matthias Apitz <guru at Sisis.de> wrote:

> The goal is that I want to switch over from SuSE 8.1 to FreeBSD
> and if possible copy over as well my VWware disks from the old
> installation to VMware on FreeBSD. Will this work?

AFAIK, you can only use your vmware disks with vmware version 3 if they
have not been created or used by a newer major release of vmware! If you
use now 4.x or 5.x you will probably not be able to use them, you may check
the vmware documentation at the vendors site for more information.

best wishes,
Stefan