Requesting advice on Jail technique.

Malachi de Ælfweald malachid at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 06:55:50 PDT 2005

I have been getting ready to do one-jail per domain myself. The key though
is that if you want to support any port (and specifically things like ssh)
they have to have a public IP address (or 1:1 NAT)... ie: if the ssh server
is running under each jail, you need to know my IP address which one to log
into it.

You could probably get away with not doing that if they had to ssh into 1
public IP address; and have a login script that auto-ssh's to a different ip
on the local network from there ... but that will take a lot more work.

For security, I would say you want multiple jails -- since any one logging
in can screw the rest -- but that is going to be dependant on how many IPs
you want to purchase.

Malachi