Restarting MySQL from CRON

Gerard Seibert gerard-seibert at suscom.net
Sat Sep 10 09:12:32 PDT 2005

>From time to time, I have found that MySQL has ceased to run. I have a
mailing program that requires that MySQL be running in order for it to
operate.

Since I cannot seem to track down why it occasionally stops functioning,
and since the program that depends on it is started via CRON, would it be
advisable to put an entry into the CRON that would restart MYSQL prior to
the other program running.

I was thinking of using this:

0  0  *  *  * /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh restart

Would that work, or is there a better way?

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard-seibert at uscom.net