php compile options

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Fri Sep 9 11:03:51 PDT 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 09:59,  the author Vizion contributed to the
dialogue on-
 php compile options:

>Hi
>
>Some compile configuration questions:
>
>1. When php5 is compiled from ports I understand a file is generated to hold
>the compiled options. On my system there is a file with the following data:
>
>dns1# cat /var/db/ports/php5/options
># This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
># No user-servicable parts inside!
># Options for php5-5.0.5
>_OPTIONS_READ=php5-5.0.5
>WITH_APACHE2=true
>WITHOUT_DEBUG=true
>WITH_MULTIBYTE=true
>WITH_IPV6=true
>
>Am I correct in saying that the options from this file are read by the
>compiler at compile time?
>
>If not this file which file?
>
>2. Options expressed on the command line for php are normally in lower case.
>If I place them in this file should they be capitalized or does that not
>matter to the compiler?
>
>3. Is there a complete list of options with the distribution?

Just to add to the questions
Command line compile options:
It looks as though there has been some work (thank you) done to build an
options dialogue:

dns1# make config options
generates a screen dialogue with options:
Use apache 2.x instead of apache 1.3.
Enable debug
Enable zend multibyte support
Enable ipv6 support

However as this fialogue foes not contain the full set of php compile options
how does one choose to compile with additional options? I tried using the
following from the command line (as per PHP & MySQL by Luke welling & Laura
Thoson) giving an illegal option error:

dns1# make config --with-mysqli=/usr/local/bin/mysql_config
--with-apache=/usr/local/etc/apache2 --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib
--with-tiff-dir=/usr/local/lib
make: illegal option -- -

Thanks in advance for help

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.