atacontrol

Göran Nilsson dukka at home.se
Thu Sep 8 11:54:04 PDT 2005

Hi. I have recently installed Freebsd 5.4 . I have also installed a cheap
raidcontroller . On the controller i put on a 200+120gb disk.

In the raidcontroller i create a JBOD raid, showing me that i now have 301gb
of disk. That's a loss of 19gb, i can live with that.

After login I do a "atacontrol create JBOD ad5 ad6". It now creates ar0
device with 223gb of space. That's nearly a 100gb of disk loss!
If and how can i prevent the huge 100gb of storage loss?

/Regards dukka