port scanning and hidden servers

Boris Karloff modelt20 at canada.com
Wed Sep 7 08:19:19 PDT 2005

Hello:

I have a user on my network with a Linux box that is
performing a port scan on all the computers in my network
manually. He's doing this 'because he can'. Although I've
asked him not to, he continues to do so.

1) How can I block or inhibit port scans launched against my
freeBSD servers from within my network?

2) How can I 'hide' my freeBSD servers from users on the
network? (If they can't see them, then they don't know to
scan them.)

Thanks in advance.

Harold