Makefile error when update

Yuan Jue yuanjue122 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 03:24:11 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 18:05, Yuan Jue wrote:

>  Last night I tried to update my FreeBSD system. After cvsup I run
> portupgrade -varRp.
> See error message:
>  Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> libbonoboui-2.10.1: Makefile error: category x11-toolkits not in list of
> valid categories.
> *** Error code 1

If you've already have a backup /var/db/pkg using "pkgdb -F" before you
portupgrade all the port, maybe you can cover the new pkg folder in /var/db
with the old one you saved and portupgrade again. I am not sure is it a right
workaround, but it worked for me when I encountered the similar problem.

And there is one more thing need to be mentioned. You should not run two or
more portupgrade commands at the same time.

Good luck.

--
Best Regards.

Yuan Jue