Automount USB disk in FreeBSD with KDE

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Mon Sep 5 08:54:34 PDT 2005

Yuan Jue wrote:

> As a frequently usb disk user, I really want to make things easier and more
> comfortable for me to mount the usb disk whenever I need to use it.

There is an article on this:

http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html

Maybe you'll get it to work. I tried it myself once a couple of years
ago and I just couldn't get it to work reliably. I admin several FreeBSD
servers and all kinds of stuff you might expect to run on it: mail
services, web services, ftp, database etc, and I don't think I'm
particularily stupid when it comes to installing/configuring open source
software. However, I just couldn't grasp the concepts behind this
automounting stuff. Finally, when I quit trying to understand it and
just blindly followed the article to the letter, I got it working
somehow, but there were still issues (the details of which I've
forgotten by now).

Hope you have better luck.