mysql-server.sh script from ports kills multi-user mode

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Mon Sep 5 08:30:25 PDT 2005

I have a week old FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE install. I had installed MySQL 4.0
form ports which installed the user and mysql-server.sh in rc.d. I've
added mysql_enable="YES" to rc.conf.

When I reboot, this script forces the server to stay in single-user
mode. Hitting CTRL-D gets me into multi-user mode. THat's not so good
for remote reboots.

Remobing the execute perm from mysql-server.sh allows reboots to go
completely into multi-user mode. Someone else has to have had the same
problem with the port install. Anyone?

-=Chris