Torrent Program

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Fri Sep 2 08:14:05 PDT 2005

Warren wrote:
> Being as Azureus is broken in the ports ... is there another torrent program
> that is as good/equivelant to it available ?

When I switched to my FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE amd64 machine, I didn't really
want to go through the hassle of getting Java to work nicely. So I
searched around the ports for another one, and /usr/ports/net/rtorrent
works for me.

Yes, it is text based but it supports queues and you can screen it. It's
also written in C++ so there isn't a need for Python.

-Mark