Blade Server + SAN (w/ boot on SAN) ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Sep 1 07:27:55 PDT 2005

Over the past little while, I've had a bug put in my ear about going to
the above sort of configuration, using HP servers ...

I know that, based on http://people.freebsd.org/~jcagle, I shouldn't have
a problem with the Blade server side of thing, but so far, I'm unable to
find a way to tie it in with a SAN backend, since it doesn't look like the
HP Fiber Channel card for the Blade is supported ...

Now, I find it difficult to believe nobody out there is using
FreeBSD+Blade+SAN within their infrastructue ... so, if not HP, does
anyone have any recommendations on what to use for this sort of
configuration?  The difficult part appears, to me, to be the 'Blade<->SAN'
Fiber Channel card ... :(

Thanks ...

----