math/grace port: "libXcursor.so.1.0" not found ?? [SOLVED]

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 01:03:47 PDT 2005

--- Igor Robul <igorr at speechpro.com> wrote:

> Rob wrote:
>

> >When I patch grace with this dummy dlerror(),
> >prior to the dl-function calls, all works like
> >a charm (and you don't need the link in
> >/usr/X11R6/lib anymore).
> >
> >As I said before, I now have to find out why
> >grace activates the dlerror() at start-up.
> >

> So, problem is on grace side, not on FreeBSD side.
> I think there are some differences in execution
> environment for grace on Linux and FreeBSD.

Then "we" have to tell the grace developper, who
is a devote Linux user, about the oddities on
FreeBSD, or "we" have to come up with a reasonable
patch to make it work properly on FreeBSD.

Meanwhile I digged a little deeper in the grace
source code, to find out at what place exactly
the dlerror() error-indicator is set. When
grace initializes its GUI, there is this kind
of code:

-----------------------------------
   XtAppContext app_con;
   Display *disp = NULL;
   char *display_name = NULL;

   XtSetLanguageProc(NULL, NULL, NULL);
   XtToolkitInitialize();
   app_con = XtCreateApplicationContext();

   disp = XOpenDisplay(display_name);
-----------------------------------

(I have simplified this code snippet a bit, for
this example; also, grace uses Motif for its GUI).

Before the XOpenDisplay() call, dlerror() does
not have the error-indicator set, but after
that call, it has.

Is this where Linux and FreeBSD are out-of-sync?
Or does Grace something wrong here, or is this
a problem cause by FreeBSD or Xorg?

I feel I'm getting closer and closer, but still
I have not really a good idea of what's going on
here!

Thanks,
Rob.