Reading Startup Message Prior to Start Menu

albi albi at scii.nl
Wed Oct 26 06:37:42 PDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:18:54 -0400
Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:

> I have FreeBSD 5.4 running. When it boots up, it prints some information
> onto the screen, and then prints out the start up menu.
>
> How do I go about seeing what that information was that was printed out
> prior to the startup menu presentation? I am just sort of curious as to
> what it is displaying.

hit "scroll lock" before that startup menu appears, then you can
(afair) scroll back and forth with shift-pageup and shift-pagedown

press "scroll lock" again to "unlock" the scrolling-feature

(you can also look at /var/log/dmesg btw)

--
grtjs, albi
gpg-key: lynx -dump http://scii.nl/~albi/gpg.asc | gpg --import