default routing question ZIPB ADSL PPPoA

Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez mapsware at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Oct 24 22:05:54 PDT 2005

El Dom 23 Oct 2005 20:22, Ahnjoan Amous escribió:
> The long : I have a CellPipe ADSL router/bridge from Lucent. This device is
> provided by our ISP. I am exploring the ZIPB functionality of the device to
> allow my FreeBSD host to own the public IP. The basics of the configuration
> for those unfamiliar is as follows. PPPoA is established by the device and
> the the (public) IP acquired through the previous process is delivered to a
> host behind that CellPipe via DHCP. After DHCP the device acts as a
> "bridge", allowing the internal device to use the public IP as its own. I'm
> sure this description is vague but I don't know any other way to explain.

Looks like you are using PPPoA over a modem bridge. How do you connect your
modem to your PC? (ethernet, usb, ???)

> Info : After dhclient acquires its info the ethernet interface looks like
> this
> ifconfig ethernet interface – inet A.B.C.D netmask
> 255.255.255.255<http://255.255.255.255/>

Send the result of this command, if you want to keep your privacy, change the
net address.

ifconfig
netstat -rn

Also, I don't understand, what is your problem?

I have a PPPoE connection and the ifconfig give somenthig like this

% ifconfig tun0
tun0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 216.136.204.21 --> 204.152.186.171 netmask 0xffffff00
        Opened by PID 918

maps