OpenAFS for FreeBSD...

Jack T jackt123 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 12:02:26 PDT 2005

On 10/23/05, Jason C. Wells <jcw at highperformance.net> wrote:
> Arla was marked as BROKEN when I last tried to build it under 6X.  IIRC,
> it was marked as broken for 5.4 too.  Is there some special secret you
> could share with us to get an AFS client?  I'd love to hear it.

It's broken only for the reason that it overwrites files from
security/heimdal. Otherwise, I believe it works just fine on FreeBSD 5.4.

So, that means (1) you should install and configure security/heimdal
until you are happy with it, and then install arla.
And (2) you can upgrade heimdal or arla using portupgrade
or any of the automatic port upgrade tools.