Helix plugin with Firefox

Beecher Rintoul akbeech at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 02:13:41 PDT 2005

I would like to get realplayer working in firefox, but it keeps crashing
firefox on load. Launching realplay from the command line works fine.
I have the latest firefox and linuxpluginwrapper installed and about:plugins
in firefox correctly lists the helix plugin. In addition, /etc/libmap.conf
contains the following:

# Helix RealPlayer with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
[/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so]
libstdc++.so.5			libstdc++.so.5
libc.so.6			pluginwrapper/realplayer.so

System uname:
FreeBSD stargate 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #17: Tue Oct 18 22:42:58 AKDT
2005     root at stargate:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STARGATE  i386

Also, flash6 is installed and works. All paths are correct, so I don't quite
know what to check next. I did try the same plugin in linux-firefox and it
works as expected. However, I would like to stay with the native firefox.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech at gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \