one way network issue

Peter Clutton peterclutton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:14:25 PDT 2005

On 10/19/05, Mohan Singh <mohansingh68 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/18/05, Mohan Singh <mohansingh68 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To answer my own question, I didn't add a gateway for the subnet in
> question from this machine. Added it and everything is working now!
> Strange that it could go out into the subnet, but nothing could come
> in. *shrugs*

That's not strange at all. The default gateway for your other subnet
was obviously set, so you could get in. You had not set a default
gateway for that one, so you could not get out. It just means that
packets addressed to a subnet which doesn't match it's own, it doesn't
know what to do with it. This won't affect packets coming in.