Epson Stylus C65

Alejandro Pulver alejandro at varnet.biz
Wed Oct 19 17:00:45 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have tried to make this non-Postscript printer work on FreeBSD
without success. It is connected by USB and appears as '/dev/ulpt0'.

I have tried 'apsfilter' with Gimp-Print drivers for Epson Stylus C64,
but it only printed some ',' characters at the left.

I remember it worked with a Knoppix Linux live CD, where I selected the
printer from the KDE printer setup (with CUPS). I don't know what filter
it was using (Gimp-Print, Foomatic, etc.). Also in FreeBSD I dind't see
the same long list of printers (probably they weren't from CUPS, but
added from elsewhere, like Foomatic or Gimp-Print).

What can I do to make it work?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ale