[Fwd: Re: port config questions]

Chris chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 16:14:36 PDT 2005

Sorry, sent to respondent instead of list, resending to list

Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> On Monday 17 October 2005 14:13, Chris wrote:
>>Q2 Can I tell portupgrade to go through the configs of all the ports it
>>is going to upgrade so that I can set them all in one go and then let
>>portupgrade (or portmanager) get on with things unattended? If not would
>>this be a useful addition to portupgrade functionality? I would like to
>>include options that are in Makefiles as well as 'make config' menus.
>

> Setting BATCH=YES in /etc/make.conf will prevent those blue screens from
> popping up.  I'm not sure if this is risky or not but BATCH=YES is a
> permament fixture in my make.conf and haven't noticed any problems yet.

Does that stop interactive ports being compiled or make them compile
with defaults? bsd.ports.mk says that BATCH mode would make portupgrade
'skip all the important targets' but I'm not sure what that means.

I was trying to find a way to walk through all the options, not only in
the blue screen menus but in the options in the various makefiles and
set them before doing the actual upgrade.

Thanks,

Chris