Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop v 2.10 (mouse not being detected)

alejandro valenzuela lanjoe9 at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Oct 19 09:26:08 PDT 2005

Paul, thank you for your reply.

The MS wireless optical desktop is working correctly now that I've connected it through the PS/2 port (the mouse is detected now -- it was not defective, when I bought it the first thing I did was to test it in a windoze box).

It would be nice if it worked when connected through the USB port, since there are computers which don't have anything else (my laptop, for instance) but I doubt anyone is interested in taking the time to implement (¿decode?) the (possibly) new MS mouse protocol. Especially considering the mouse didn't even show up in /dev..

Alejandro