NFS connection dropping

Alex Teslik alex at acatysmoof.com
Wed Oct 19 08:45:08 PDT 2005

Hi Kelly,

    Thanks for your reply. I found out that the problem is caused by some
files on my system that I received from Germany. The files have German words
that contain the u-umlaut character in their name. Whenever I try to pass
these files over NFS to the Mac, the connection dies. So, I renamed the files
and now its all working fine. I'm not savvy enough about how each file system
is handling character encodings, nor am I savvy enough about nfs internals to
know if this is expected behavior (I expect not), but there it is.
    If anyone knows if and/or where I should report this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Alex

-please cc me on replies as I am not currently subscribed