growfs+gstripe

Dimitar Vasilev dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 13:43:25 PDT 2005

Anyone successful with extending existing gstripe using growfs instead
of newfs or via using a similar hack?

Example of result desired:

# gstripe stop data
# gstripe label -v -s 65535 data /dev/ad3 /dev/ad4 /dev/ad5 /dev/ad6
# growfs -s [size of total volume i have] /dev/stripe/data
# /sbin/reboot

If possible under FreeBSD, will I have all existing data on the disk preserved?
I've seen in Google that it goes fine with Solaris.
I can sync again the info from the master server in Brno, but I'd
prefer to spare myself the traffic and the calls from the Bulgarian
users
"Hey Dimitar what have you done to the mirror " ;-)
Thanks for any tips.

--
Димитър Василев
Dimitar Vassilev

GnuPG key ID: 0x4B8DB525
Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint: D88A 3B92 DED5 917E 341E D62F 8C51 5FC4 4B8D B525