Difficulties to launch KDE

Teilhard Knight teilhk at crosswinds.net
Mon Oct 17 18:58:13 PDT 2005

Hello:

I am sure you will find my problem quite easy. I just installed FreeBSD 5.4,
and I configured KDE and related configurations according with the handbook.
My .xinitrc file contains only the line: "echo "exec startkde"". When I type
"startx" everything seems to be well, but KDE doesn't start. There are no
errors reported or anything pointing to the problem, except a line at the
end which reads:

xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "Monique.gateway.2wire.net:0" in "remove"
command

I am behind a wireless modem-router with domain name "gateway.2wire.net".

I do not know what command "remove" is referred here or where it occurs, and
how to fix it. No entry like this in "xorg.conf".

I will appreciate any help.

Teilhard.