Changing the region code of DVD-Drive

cpghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Mon Oct 17 01:03:22 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 12:32:07AM -0700, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Yes, most are.  Search the Internet with google, there's many websites
> that have patched firmware that locks out the region coding.  One of the
> first things I do when buying a new DVD is to flash it with patched
> firmware
> that disables region codes.

Ah, good to know! So does this mean that if I already switched between
region 1 and region 2 DVDs 100+ times, that the drive has already been
flashed to RPC1 by the vendor?

BTW, almost all flashers are DOS oder Windows-based. Do we have a
FreeBSD-based general purpose flasher for this kind of stuff?

> Ted

Thanks,
-cpghost.

--