Loki Linux Games on FreeBSD

Norbert Papke fbsd-ml at scrapper.ca
Tue Oct 11 07:57:24 PDT 2005

On October 10, 2005 09:33 am, Sean wrote:
> I have several of the games produced by Loki, which I would like to get
> running on FreeBSD.
>
> Of the several I have the ones in particular I would be most interested
> in getting to work are Sim City 3000, Railroad Tycoon II, and Civ: Call
> To Power.
>
> Does anyone have experience with these games getting them to run?
> Or more so, any web sites that have some detailed info. Searches come up
> with a lot of references, but nothing in detail.

Have a look at /usr/ports/games/HeroesOfMightAndMagic for an example.

Additionally, my experience with CivCTP was to ignore the CD's install script
and instead copy the files manually.  After installation, flag the executable
as coming from a Linux system using

    % brandelf -t Linux civctp

Of course, this assumes that Linux emulation is enabled and that you have all
the dependencies installed.  Note that I had some issues running this game as
an unpriviledged user but haven't bothered to figure out why.

Cheers.