How do you patch a driver?

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Oct 4 07:45:17 PDT 2005

Foo Ji-Haw wrote:
[ ...don't top-post, please... ]
> I also have this line in dmesg:
> ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, default
> to deny, logging disabled
>
> I see that 'rule-based forwarding' is disabled. Is this what caused the
> error? How can I enable it? I can't find the details on the Handbook.

Add:

options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options IPFIREWALL_DIVERT

...to your kernel config file.  This is mostly documented here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-ipfw.html

Also note that ipfw forwarding alone may not do what you expect, unless you
make special efforts on the machine being forwarded to, to recognize the
additional IP addresses.  You might find using the redirect_host or
redirect_port directives to natd more appropriate for your purposes.

--
-Chuck