Problem with aclocal when trying to install phppgadmin from port

Chris McCormick the.athenaeum at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 20:25:54 GMT 2005

Matthew,
   Thank you for your explanation. I'll look into the ideas you put out
there, which will probably lead to more questions.

   And just so I don't seem like a complete idiot, let me say that I am
aware that I am re-installing phppgadmin (which administers PostgreSQL dbs)
after an install of MySQL.  I can't explain why this is so, but when I went
to pkg_delete the MySQL client 4.0 package, it told me that it could not
because (of all things) phppgadmin depended upon it.  Why that is, I
couldn't tell you, but when I uninstalled phppgadmin, I was able to
uninstall (and then upgrade) the MySQL client successfully.

  The irony of all of this is that I am a heavy user of postgres, but I only
recently decided to upgrade MySQL to use it with a blog.  Previously, I
hadn't really used it.  Now, as a result, I have to manage my postgres
install through the command line until I get this fixed.

Thanks again for your help,
Chris