Pear compile issue

John Pineau john.pineau at linearlogic.com
Wed Nov 30 15:25:27 GMT 2005

Im getting the following issue installing a number of pear-dependent
ports, (in this instance, Horde).

My memory setting in my php.ini is set to 20M, yet this does not seem to
care about that.

This all started right around the time the PHP 4.4.1 mod_rewrite
nonsense happened. (Currently running 4.4.1_2)

I am currently running 6-STABLE on amd64.

===> Installing tests in /usr/local/share/pear/tests/File_Passwd.
pear/File_Passwd can optionally use package "pear/Crypt_CHAP" (version
>= 1.0.0)

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 92160 bytes) in
/usr/local/share/pear/PEAR/PackageFile/Generator/v1.php on line 605
*** Error code 255

Stop in /usr/ports/security/pear-File_Passwd.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/pear-File_Passwd.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/pear-Auth.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/pear-Auth_SASL.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/pear-Net_SMTP.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/pear-Mail.