Problem with burning CD-DAs

Stevan Tiefert stevan.tiefert at freenet.de
Wed Nov 30 08:21:13 GMT 2005

Fabian Keil schrieb:

> Stevan Tiefert <stevan.tiefert at freenet.de> wrote:
>

>>Fabian Keil schrieb:

>>>Did you check with readcd -c2scan if the burned disc is c2 error
>>>free?
>>>
>>>If you rip the burned disc with cdda2wav -paranoia, do you get any
>>>suspicious error messages? Do the ripped wavs still have the
>>>problems you described?
>

>>When I run:
>>readcd dev=3,0,0 -c2scan
>>it finish his work without hard read errors.
>

> It should finish without any errors.
> If it doesn't look like this:
>
> Total of 0 hard read errors.
> C2 errors total: 0 bytes in 0 sectors on disk
> C2 errors rate: 0.000000%
> C2 errors on worst sector: 0, sectors with 100+ C2 errors: 0
>
> there is something wrong.
>

>>With:
>>cdda2wav -v255 -D3,0,0 -B -Owav -paranoia
>>I got 60 % korrekt read *.wav-files the others have minor problems,
>>rereads and so on...
>

> That is bad as well.
>

>>When I cdrecord the ONLY GOOD *.wav-files I got the same effect like
>>before! I hear together with my songs a storm!!! It seems to be only
>>the write process is not correct working!
>

> Please post the output of cdrecord dev=3,0,0 -atip,
> and the last four lines of the c2scan.
>
> Please also cc freebsd-questions at freebsd.org.
>
> Fabian
Hello again,

first sorry for only responding to you Fabian, it was my mistake...
pressed the false answer-button... :-(

Second, the output of "cdrecord -atip dev=1,0,0":

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-unknown-freebsd5.4) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schilling
scsidev: ´1,0,0´
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
Using libscg version ´schily-0.8´.
Device type: Removable CD-ROM
Version: 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info: ´LG      ´
Identifikation: ´CD-RW CED-8080B ´
Revision: ´1.06´
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags: MMC SWABAUDIO
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
ATIP info from disk:
   Indicated writing power: 5
   Is not unrestricted
   Is not erasable
   Disk sub type: Medium Type A, high Beta category (A+) (3)
   ATIP start of lead in: -11634 (97:26/66)
   ATIP start of lead out: 359846 (79:59/71)
Disk type: Short strategy type (Phthalocyanine or similar)
Manuf. index: 3
Manufacturer: CMC Magnetics Corporation

Third, the output of "readcd dev=1,0,0 -c2scan":

Read speed: 5645 kB/s (CD 32x, DVD 4x).
Write speed: 1411 kB/s (CD 8x, DVD 1x).
Capacity: 198010 Blocks = 396020 kBytes = 386 MBytes = 405 prMB
Sectorsize: 2048 Bytes
Copy from SCSI (1,0,0) disk to file ´/dev/null´
end: 198010
addr: 198010 cnt: 10
Time total: 225.993sec
Read 511654.75 kB at 2264.0 kB/sec.
Total of 0 hard read errors.
C2 errors total: 0 bytes in 0 sectors on disk
C2 errors rate: 0.000000%
C2 errors on worst sector: 0, sectors with 100+ C2 errors: 0

And last, I have also changed my AT-Power-Supply, but the problem still
exists...

With regards
Stevan

--
Why my wife is happy when I do a "make buildkernel" and a "make
installkernel"? I have then a lot of time to do my housework :-(