Upgrading to 60 question.

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:53:29 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 12:02,  the author RW contributed to the dialogue
on-
 Re: Upgrading to 60 question.:

>On Tuesday 29 November 2005 18:53, Vizion wrote:
>> On Tuesday 29 November 2005 07:16,  the author RW contributed to the
>> dialogue on-
>>
>>  Re: Upgrading to 60 question.:
>> >
>> >One exception is nvidia-driver, you must remove the driver from
>> > loader.conf and rebuild against 6.0 before re-enabling it.
>>
>> Umph
>>
>> just checked loader.conf and the file is blank
>>
>> Man nv(4) refers to the nvidia driver - I am not certain where/how the
>> driver is being loaded -- X must be using it!
>> any ideas?
>
>nv is the open-source driver. It's nvidia's own  driver (in the
>x11/nvidia-driver port) that's causes a problem.
nvidia-driver and nvidia-setting are in /dev but I do not know where they are
loaded from!

Umph

Any ideas?

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.