Waaaaay OT, sorry.

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Tue Nov 29 20:07:19 GMT 2005

Gary Kline wrote:

> 	Thanks for everyone's input.  I'll keep trying--or, more
> 	accurately, will keep encouraging my friend to keep checking
> 	into things.  He is at a major university with a huge library
> 	complex and all the latest technology, &c... .  Cost is an
> 	issue--every which way you turn.  The university has some
> 	kind of saving-old-books program, I think, but this book
> 	isn't on the list.  There have been steep cuts in staff
> 	and programs in the past couple years, so the thinking may
> 	be:  What's the deal with trying to revive a 1913 Ethics
> 	text where it's already on fiche?!

See if a local academic campus has a School of Library and
Information Studies or an equivalent. If so, approach them (rather
than the library proper) to see if an eager graduate school student
can/will take on your conversion project for credit. They may have
free access to the technology required and may provide free labor
too, in exchange for your providing a "real world" work experience
(a practicum or internship type effort is usually a requirement in
these programs).

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348