openoffice pkg

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Nov 29 15:02:57 GMT 2005

Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> writes:

> eoghan <freebsd at redry.net> writes:
>
> > Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> > > I haven't had a chance to look at it closely enough to tell.
> >
> > Ok thanks, I will have a detailed look later on and see if I can
> > recover anymore information.
>
> I think it *is* a bug, but I haven't gotten a complete understanding of
> it yet.  The pattern you pass in with the -t option seems to be getting
> dropped before you get to the utility function find_play_pen(), but so
> far I can't seem to figure out how it was supposed to be passed in the
> first place.  As a workaround, the PKG_TMPDIR environment variable seems
> to work properly, and can serve your purpose just as well.

On further analysis:

The issue is specific to the combination of the -r and -t options.  It
really get back to where the package file gets downloaded to, not the
work area that it expands to (which can't be set separately), so I'm
not really sure whether to consider it a bug or not.  It certainly
would require changing some of the pkg_install library APIs to fully
separate the concepts.  If you download the package by hand and use
the -t option, the temporary staging area will be used as you expect.