good instability on FreeBSD/amd64 6.0

Porpoise Power porpoisepower at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:36:34 GMT 2005

Message: 17
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:49:53 -0800
From: Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com>
Subject: Re: good instability on FreeBSD/amd64 6.0

>I favor a dual processor but am uncertain which processor and or motherboard
>combination to go for. I will sacrifice speed for reliability. I am in favor
>of putting in at least 8G of ram so that cuts down the m/b choices and would
>like to have a reasonable number slots on the mb (I need to support two
>monitors).

>Does anyone have an suggestions/ ideas to share?

1. In tearms of multiple monitors, if your going to run X, getting a video card
like one of the newer NVIDIA FXcards will allow you to use 2 monitors.
Most of those series have can run with two monitors(1 normal output,
and one DVI(I believe) output.

2. Another solution would be to install openssh on the server box, and set up a couple
terminals  for it, they don't even need to run `nix.

so which ever works better for you, I'm guessing the first would be far more useful, depending
on the situation.

3. I haven't looked into making a dual processor system in a while but the last time I looked
alot of boards did double up on ram, and AGP slots.

Jimi