sk0: watchdog timeout

Vladimir Dvorak dvorakv at vdsoft.org
Mon Nov 28 12:14:33 GMT 2005

Bernhard Fischer wrote:

>>>If you change hardware settings, you should also maintain the same
>>>settings on both ends of the wire, i.e. at the computer *and* the
>>>ethernet switch.
>>>

>>[SNIP]
>>
>>I just forced it to use 100baseTX /
>>full-duplex which I think was used before I forced it as well.
>>

>That's exactly what I ment. If you force your sk0 to 100-full do the same with
>your switch. If you set sk0 to auto-config -- do it with your switch.
>
>Watch your interface-counters:
>
>netstat -I sk0 -b -d -t
>
>If the hardware (cards, cabeling, plugs, ...) is ok, there shouldn't be any
>errors for days or even weeks!
>
>Regards,
>bh

Hi Bernhard,

thanks for your message. I suppose we all know something about
networking, but this is hardware/driver related problem ( with the
highest probability ). I used my server in two different environments -
at home and now at serverhouse. No difference.
Still getting (from time to time ):

sk0: watchdog timeout
sk0: link state changed to DOWN
sk0: watchdog timeout
sk0: link state changed to UP
sk0: watchdog timeout
sk0: link state changed to DOWN
sk0: watchdog timeout
sk0: link state changed to UP
sk0: watchdog timeout
sk0: link state changed to DOWN

messages. But server still running. I am out of ideas how can we solve
our problem and I am about to buy new network card, because this
stressfull situation is not good. ;-)

Vladimir