Yesterday's -STABLE kernel corrupts LAN

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sat Nov 26 17:41:09 GMT 2005

P.U.Kruppa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated -STABLE yesterday and since my FreeBSD machine is set up as
> gateway my home network broke down completely. I rebooted into last
> weeks kernel and everything worked as usual.
>
> Has anyone else seen this or have I been unlucky with my download?

Did you follow the instructions outlined on how to cvsup your system?
Did you forget a step? Do them out of order.

There is a reason it's documented the way it is on the FBSD site.
Mainly - becasue it works.

I'm sure then when you review what you have done - it's going to be
something you did wrong.

--
Best regards,
Chris

If a scientist uncovers a publishable fact, it will
become central to his theory.

His theory, in turn, will become central to all
scientific truth.