about /usr/src/etc

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Sat Nov 26 13:57:28 GMT 2005

On Saturday 26 November 2005 13:41, RW wrote:
> On Saturday 26 November 2005 12:47, ivan.roth at free.fr wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am unable to locate this folder (/usr/src/etc). I mean, it does not
> > exist. I only have sys under /usr/src
>
> You only have the kernel source, not the world source.  Try updating with
> cvsup as described in the handbook.

I missed the bit about missing man pages. I guess you did a very minimal
install without manpages and with only the kernel source.

If you run sysinstall as root you can install the manpages and the full
source. (Don't be put off by the word "full", it's just the source for the
base system, It doesn't include package source.)