manoman_67 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 07:27:22 GMT 2005
I'm new to this forum. I am a bit confused about the FreeBSD license and keep getting conflicting answers from different people. Would like to know you guys think. Here goes.
If I make modifications to FreeBSD and then distribute it (the modified FreeBSD) to others:
1. Must I provide the source code or can I choose not to?
2. Must I license it under the FreeBSD license?
3. Can I license it under my own terms/license? If so, must I reproduce the FreeBSD copyright notice and the disclaimer and if so, where?
4. Who owns the copyright to my modifications, me or FreeBSD?
5. Must I contribute my modifications back to the FreeBSD project or can I choose not to?
Appreciate your feedback.
Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
More information about the freebsd-questions